SBC-Week 3 task-Dante

The photo above shows a LEGO creation I built. Do you see the little blue line and the tiny grey dot with a hole in the middle under the wing of the plane?(the ones that I circled) Those are the bullets used to load the “shooters”on the LEGO plane I built. The two arrows point to where the two bullets are supposed to be inserted. The arrow near the back of the ship points to a hatch that opens. The plane also has a little propeller on the front. On the next images I will introduce the “shooters”.

The photo above I’m showing to you shows one of the “shooters” for the long, skinny blue bullet shown in the first image.(image.1)when you press down on the bullet, a spring lets the bullet go “flying” for a few seconds and then the bullet lands on the ground.

image.3

The picture image.3  is another “shooter” . This “shooter” is for the grey bullet with a hole in the middle. When you turn the grey hexagon-shaped”shell”with the bullet inserted in one of the tiny cells on the “shell”, the bullet goes flying out because of the tiny grey line poking out of the center of the “shooter”. (I “squared” it)When the bullet hits the line, it prevents the bullet from going farther to the left/right.(depends on which way you are turning) So the bullet is forced to go forward and catapult out of its tiny cell. And the bullet goes “flying” through the air.

image.4

Image.4  shows two tiny gears in the tiny hatch I gave you a lecture about. “What are the tiny gears for?” you might ask. Well, friends, these cute gears or for “powering” our little “booster” on the back of the plane, as shown. When the plane moves forward with the black wheels touching the ground, the black wheels make the first gear rotate,(the bash one)making the second one (the grey one)do the same. The second one is attached with an axle that is attached to our “booster”. Since the second one will rotate if the black wheels touch the ground, it will make our “booster” rotate. And there!My friends, you have now been given a lecture about what these cute, little gears are for.

image.5

Image.5 shows a finger(mine) pointing at a little red circle. The red circle is a bullet and is now in its “shooter”. When you press the grey cross on the shooter, the bullet is pushed out with a powerful force. The bullet had a record for flying a distance of 20 meters!

Thank you for reading my blog and be sure to comment! 😁😁😁

2 thoughts on “SBC-Week 3 task-Dante

1. Hi Dante! What a great blog post on your Lego Creation. I can’t believe the bullet flew so far! Does your creation have a name?